Schools Supporting our Goals
With respect to all the Goals we can ask ourselves a number of questions about our schools. The questions can challenge and motivate us. As we work into the future it is essential that the answer to each of these is in the affirmative.
- Does our school culture, as expressed through policies, procedures, rules, processes and behaviour, positively reflect and support the Goals?
- Do we take corrective action when we observe behaviour that is contrary to the spirit of the Goals?
- Wherever possible, do we attempt to infuse the formal curriculum with the spirit of the Goal?
- Do our visible icons, posters and other display material reflect the Goals?
- Do we, as individual educators, serve as role models for our students?
- Do we consult with our peers in our own school and in other schools often enough about best practice?